Have you ever wondered that drinking coconut water is very good and healthy drink for the body?! Coconut water is truly one healthy drink that is known to contain a lots of good nutrients that many people don’t get enough of. This is because it is loaded with many benefits, it should be your go-to energy drink to keep you fit and healthy everytime.
An average green coconut gives about 0.5–1 cups of coconut water.
One cup (240 ml) contains 46 calories, as well as (2):
- Carbs: 9 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Vitamin C: 10% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 15% of the RDI
- Manganese: 17% of the RDI
- Potassium: 17% of the RDI
- Sodium: 11% of the RDI
- Calcium: 6% of the RDI
Below are 5 amazing benefits of Coconut water:
1. Coconut water which contains high potassium, flushes out excess water from your body systmen.
2. Coconut water soothes the stomach. It is easy to digest and prevents constipation. It is great for people who are recovering from an illness or surgery because of the energy giving effect it has on the body.
3. Coconut water gives relieves acidity as it is alkaline and can bring your pH balance back to normal. It can be of help in replenishing your body’s water content.
4. Coconut water breaks down smaller kidney stones and flush them out of the body.
5. Research has it that coconut water can lower blood sugar levels and improve other health markers in diabetic animals.
The same study also found that the rats given coconut water had lower levels of hemoglobin A1c, indicating good long-term blood sugar control.
Another study noticed that providing coconut water to rats with diabetes led to improvements in blood sugar levels and reductions in markers of oxidative stress.
However, controlled studies are needed to confirm these effects in humans.
Nevertheless, with its 3 grams of fiber and a digestible carb content of only 6 grams per cup (240 ml), coconut water can easily fit into a meal plan for people with diabetes.
6. Among the benefits of coconut water is that it also serve as a good source of magnesium, which may increase insulin sensitivity and decrease reduce blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes
7. Drinking coconut water very often may be helpful to reduce the risk of having a heart disease.
Coconut water can be consumed directly from green coconuts or you can buy them in bottles. Avoid buying brands with additional sugar, sweeteners or flavours.