Getting a new computer for your business is usually a wonderful experience but you need to be extra careful when you want to choose the right computer for your business. The feeling of a brand new gadget and what it will be able to offer you and your business is always a great one. Without saying much, you need to look out for the best computers and their specifications before buying.
First thing you need to do is to ask yourself what you require from the new computer you are going to buy so you don’t buy a computer you don’t really need at the moment thereby spending more money that would have been used for something else.
You should ask yourself questions like:
- Will I be using my computer just to check mails and browse the web?
- Will I be doing significantly more office work on the new computer?
- Will I be playing games and plan on looking out for new ones?
- Will the computer be an entertainment center for the family to watch movies?
- Will I be making music, creating designs or video editing?
These and much more should come across your mind when you want to choose the right computer for your business
This will guide you through the process of getting the right computer for yourself.
Windows PC can still serve you better if you invest in quality ones.
Linux is an alternate operating system that is free from costs, copyrights and viruses. Ubuntu is a good one to start with when you want to choose the right computer for yourself.
You can choose the right computer by researching on the basic computer components.
- Hard disk– This is your storage for your computer. Storage is usually measured in gigabytes (GB). With much space in your hard disk, you can take the massive amounts of photos, music and videos you love wherever you go, and have plenty of room for other important documents too.
- Memory or RAM- How much random access memory(RAM) that your computer needs strongly depends on what you want to use it for. I suggest buying something with at least 8 gigabytes of RAM, or at least with the option to upgrade. More RAM space will improve your computer’s speed and its ability to run heavier programs like Adobe design software. NOTE: You cannot upgrade RAM on newer Macs, so be certain to buy what you need.
- Processor. Processors help manage programs on your computer. I suggest something using Intel Core i7 or i5. Both Macs and PCs use Intel processors.
- Native Screen Resolution. This really only matters if you produce creative work, like photography or graphic design, or if you watch a lot of videos on your laptop. If it matters to you, look for something that has at least 1920 x 1080 screen resolution.
- Operating System. It’s best to buy a computer running the latest operating system for that model, or at least inquire about getting a free upgrade. You can check out Windows and Apple to see their most recent versions of their operating systems.