Before you think of how to start photography business, you need to consider the following. In this post, we will be very insightful and you need to be alert and follow this steps.
Consider learning the following before we get down to the real topic, don’t mind the deviation, you need to know these first.
- What is photography?
- How to learn photography
- What is digital photography?
- What is stock photography?
- How to make a photography portfolio
- What is freelance photography?
- How to make money with photography
What is photography?
Photographs are amazing. We all love to take photographs so as to keep memories of wonderful events that take place in our lives.
Photography can be seen as the art, or the application and method of creating durable images by recording light or other electromagnetic radiation, either electronically by use of an image sensor, or chemically by means of a light-sensitive material such as a photographic film.
It is utilized in many fields of science, manufacturing, lifestyle and business, as well as its more direct uses for art, film and video production, recreational purposes, hobby, and in mass communication.
Through the use of photography, we preserve our history, our cultural heritage – our child’s first steps, a decaying landscape, or rare and endangered animals. Parentss labouriously decorate large scrapbooks just to protect their precious memories with their children. Photographs evoke the essence of places we have not been to.
Read also; How to make money sitting in your couch
How to learn photography.
Photography is a skill anyone can learn even without going to go to read it as a course. Below are ways you can learn photography easily and become a professional photographer.
10 steps to learn photography faster
- Know Your Camera.
- Learn the rules of Photography.
- Apply and attend any Photography workshop you find in your city.
- Study Images till you know WHY they work
- Take lots and lots of photos everyday till you master the art.
- Shoot in different conditions
- Read every book you can find at the library or online about the business of photography. Understand the rules.
- Take photographs every day and share them on facebook, instagram and twitter..
- Travel, hustle, promote them like mad
- Become your own photographer and try to link up with professionals too to get more knowledge of the craft.
What is digital photography?
So many people have been asking questions like these;
What is digital photography?
How to start photography business: digital
How can I start digital photography?
Where to study digital photography as a course
Where to buy digital photography books?
Well, we are going to explain what digital photography is on this page. Photography has reach the era where it is now digitalized and for many decades we have been seeing the results of digital photography, Photographs that will make you scream and want to make a portrait and keep in your bedroom.
According to WIKIPEDIA, Digital photography uses cameras containing arrays of electronic photodetectors to capture images focused by a lens, as opposed to an exposure on photographic film. The captured images are digitized and stored as a computer file ready for further digital processing, viewing, electronic publishing, or digital printing.
You just got the answer to the question, ta da!!!!!
What is stock photography?
Stock photography are professional photographs of common places, landmarks, nature, events or people that are bought and sold on a royalty-free basis and can be used and reused for commercial design purposes. We have popular stock photo websites like shutterstock, pixabay etc.
Photography websites such as Shutterstock provide you with platforms to sell your photographs. They may offer you either a percentage or a flat fee of each photo that is sold to any site client.
How to make a photography portfolio
Looking for answers on how to make a photography portfolio? I’ll help you out. Your photographs needs to be in a way that you can present them to people and they will see your skills. As a photographer, you need to build a strong photography portfolio for yourself.
Building this portfolio involves using the social media, or building your own portfolio website. Your portfolio website will say a lot about your skill. It should be designed in a way that each visitor that comes across your website will certainly know that you are not just a photographer, but a professional in the field.
Your website design should look professional and responsive for all devices. Another tip for your portfolio to look good is that all your pictures must be unique.
You can also present your portfolio on Instagram and on your Facebook page.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to design a portfolio website today or WHATSAPP +234(0)9068605947
What is freelance photography?
Freelance photography can be said to be the taking of photographs as a self-employed photographer who usually work under contracts specific to each clients. As a freelance photographer, you market yourself through professional portfolios, websites, and social media. Photographers are often hired to do weddings, sporting events, high-school proms, individual and family photo shoots, birthday photo shoots as well as photo spreads for magazines and websites.
How to make money with photography
Photography business is a very lucrative business as people love keeping memories of their lives events. You can make money as a photographer if you are consistent in your job. Follow the few steps and make money in the photography business;
- Sell your pictures online: Selling your pictures online on stock photography websites is a good way of earning good income from photography business, You will always be paid a commission each time people buy your photos.
- Attend events: If you really want to make money from photography business, you need to start attending public events like matriculation in schools, convocation parties, rallies etc.
- Own a studio: Having a photography studio is a plus to any photographer that wants to make money with photography. People always visit photo studios to take pictures during family get together, weddings and birthdays. If you are a pro, then you will have people queuing up to get photographed by you.