Don’t fail to Ask your kids the following questions when they return from school.
1. How was your day?
2. Hope you are fine today?
3. Tell me something good that happened today.
4. How many subjects were you taught today?
5. Which subject did you find more interesting?
6. Who made you sad in Class?
7. What kind of person were you today?
8. Are you okay with your seat or you want to change?
9. What made your teacher frown at you?
10. What rule did you almost break today? Why didn’t you break it?
11. What made your teacher laugh?
12. How many did you score in your previous assignment?
13. Did you take your launch?
14. Tell me any new thing you learnt today?
15. Who did you sit with at lunch?
16. Were you given homework today?
- How was your day? Don’t always assume that your children’s day was all fun, you as a parent need to have questions to ask your child after school and get the full detail of how their day went. This will help you understand what your children pass through during the day, their problems, needs and ways you can help make their days always daisy. Never miss asking this question, because your child on the other hand will feel loved and cared for whenever you do. Asking this question will make your child open up to you as a parent and confide in you whenever he/she has a bad day at school.
- Hope you are fine today? The response you get when you ask this question is very crucial when trying to find out about how your child feels. Knowing that your children are fine is something that brings joy to many parents. But on the contrary, when you get a negative response from your children, it will guide you to knowing the area to work on to make sure your children are fine.
- Tell me something good that happened today. Every active child will always have something to say about events that took place in school. You need to always ask your children about something that happened. This will help your monitor your child’s activities in a way.
- How many subjects were you taught today? This helps you assess your children’s academic capabilities. After asking this question, your child can then tell you about the ones that interest him/her. There is always a room for testing to know if your child really gave rapt attention in class while the subjects were taught.
- Which subject did you find more interesting? This is another way of assessing your child’s academic performance. If your child finds a particular subject interesting, then you should try and help him excel in that subject and find a way of making the teacher know about the other subjects he finds uninteresting.
- Who made you sad in Class? This does not mean you will go and confront the person for your child. But if your child is open to bully in school, you can report to the school for a good measure to be taken to keep your child from facing intimidation as it has a negative influence on children growing up. You can help your children by advising them not to stay close to people that make them sad, and also advise them to stand to their right and not be weak when intimidated.
- Who did you sit with today during lunch? Ask about your children’s friends and who they hang out with while in school. Your child will be happy to know that you are also interested in their affairs by asking them questions after school..
- Were you given homework today? As a parent that wants your children’s success academically, you should not forget to ask if they were given homework to do after school. This goes a long way in improving your children academically. Continuous questions pertaining to school work like homework will make them well prepared for higher level of education were you will not always be there to advise them to do their homework.
- Did you take your lunch today? Something can make your child to skip lunch and you need to know about it. Your child’s eating habit at school is also a thing to keep an eye on and is among the questions to ask your child after school..
- Are you okay with your seat or you want to change?
You need to ask this question as a parent as some children are scared of their teachers and do not know when to report an issue that is disturbing them. Ask your child and know if he/she needs a change from the present seat to some other place and know the reasons.
- How many did you score in your previous assignment?
Knowing your child’s score in previous assignments will help you know where your child needs to improve. You will also know if your child needs a home tutor to cover up for some things that are not taught in school. Make up time to always ask your children some questions about their life in school as it improves parent-child relationship.
READ ALSO How to make your child like school work