Many consumers know the SlimFast diet plan may be because they’ve seen the shakes and bars at supemarkets for many years. The SlimFast products have so far changed from what it used to be many years ago and now offers different varieties.
SlimFast is a U.S.company headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida that markets an eponymous brand of shakes, bars, snacks, packaged meals, and other dietary supplement foods sold in the U.S., …Wikipedia
What is a SlimFast Diet Plan?
The SlimFast diet plan is a diet plan that allows you to eat six times every day. You are allowed to eat a full meal once(500 calories for women and 800 calories for men) followed by 2 shakes or smoothies, and three 100 calorie snacks. The plan allows you to enjoy alcohol but limit it due to associated risks that may follow over consumption.
You can buy the snacks or make your own SlimFast snacks at home.
SlimFast says that women on this diet plan consume up to 1200 calories each day and men on the diet plan consume not more than 1500 calories each day. This allows for 1 to 2 pound weight loss per week which is at a safe rate.
The money spent on this SlimFast diet plan varies according to the weight of an individual and also if you choose to make your snacks by yourself. If you buy your snacks, it will be more expensive than if you make them at home.
Contents of the SlimFast Shakes
- Original SlimFast Chocolate Royale Shake Mix Nutrition Facts (with 8 ounces of skim milk): 190 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 0.5 grams saturated fat, 20 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 13 grams sugar, 20 grams protein.
- Ingredients: The number one ingredient in Original SlimFast Chocolate Royale shake mix is sugar with cocoa, sunflower oil, and other ingredients. Other flavors of Original SlimFast Shake Mix have nutrition facts that are the same but not identical to these numbers.
- Original SlimFast Chocolate Royale Shake Nutrition Facts: 190 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 0.5 grams saturated fat, 20 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 13 grams sugar, 20 grams protein.
- Ingredients: The primary ingredient in Original SlimFast Chocolate Royale shakes is water, followed by milk solids and oil. Other flavors of Original SlimFast Shakes have nutrition facts that are similar but not identical to these numbers.
- Advanced Nutrition SlimFast Creamy Chocolate Shake Mix Nutrition Facts: 180 calories, 8 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 6 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar, 20 grams protein.
- Ingredients: Aside water, the main ingredients in the Advanced Nutrition Shakes include calcium caseinate (a protein derived from milk), milk protein concentrate, canola oil, cocoa, thickeners, and sweeteners. Most flavours have nutrition facts that are similar but not identical to these numbers.
- Advanced Nutrition SlimFast Creamy Chocolate Smoothie Mix Nutrition Facts (mixed with 8 ounces of skim milk): 190 calories, 3.5 grams fat, .5 grams saturated fat, 20 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fiber, 13 gram sugar, 20 grams protein.
- Ingredients are whey protein isolate, cocoa, sunflower oil, soy protein isolate,thickeners, and sweeteners.
Benefits (Pros) of SlimFast Diet Plan
- The diet plan is easily accessible. You’ll find the products in almost every supermarket, grocery store and pharmacy around the country.
- A slimfast diet is very easy and often efficient and safe way to lose weight. A trial can be done for a day or a week or a month without having to cancel a subscription meal service or plan. Moreover many studies have proven it to be a good diet plan to try.
- Slimfast diet gives result very quickly if the program is followed in the right way. You can lose 10 % of your body weight in the first six months of giving it a try.
- This diet plan is very easy to follow. No type of food is off limits and portion control is built in when you buy the packaged snack products. Also, the 1 meal per day that you enjoy allows you to consume more calories than some other diets that recommend 300 or 400 calorie meals.
- Calories are incorporated, so there is no need to download an app, or keep a journal, Almost all of the math is done for you, except for the one daily meal.
- The nutritional components are balanced. Beverages and snacks give a balance of carbs, lean proteins and fats.
- Exercising your body is encouraged during the SlimFast diet plan, although no formal program is provided. Moderate exercise is only adviced.
- Some of the scientific studies conducted have demonstrated successful weight loss with meal replacement programs like the SlimFast we are discussing. Though many of the studies included guided support or education programs as part of the trial.
Cons of SlimFast Diet Plan
- The main foods the diet is built on is processed foods. Many health experts suggest that you decrease the amount of processed food that you eat and increase your intake of fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables, lean meats, seafood, and whole grains for optimal health.
- Most of the dieters say that they are always hungry. Slimfast followers say that after eating, they get full and get hungry after one hour.
- You may not learn any cooking methods that is healthy on the SlimFast diet plan. Cooking is not applicable on the program so since you are able to consume a hearty 500-800 calories at your main meal, you could easily eat out in a restaurant or buy more processed food.
- You may not learn portion control or calorie counting skills. If you reach your goal weight on the SlimFast diet, you are going to have to eventually wean yourself off the program and maintain your weight loss. Since the SlimFast diet products are already portion controlled, you may not develop the skills you need to make it through this important transition without weight gain.
- Once your weight loss goal is reached, you are advised to slowly decrease your use of SlimFast and increase your intake of normal foods. But aside that, there is no structured transition or maintenance plan that weans you completely off the products. And if you get used to eating chips and chocolate snacks on the diet, you may be tempted to eat these foods after you have completed the diet. If you consume typical chips and shakes (those that are not calorie-controlled) you’re likely to gain back the weight.
- There is no face-to-face support. However, the program does have a Facebook page, recipes on their website, and many large diet forums have groups that is dedicated to those following SlimFast.
- The shakes in slimfast diet contain too much sugar and very little fiber. This will make the blood sugar level to kick up. Often dangerous if a person is hypoglycemic or hyperinsulinemic.
- How SlimFast shakes tastes has been criticized a lot online. Customers are often more highly motivated to share online reviews if they don’t like a product. But to stay on the safe side, you might want to invest in a little number of products until you are sure that you enjoy the products enough to be on the diet long enough to reach your goal.
Ask yourself important questions before investing in any weight loss program to stay healthy and save yourself time and frustration.
Share with friends!!